Amber Sun has 15 years of experience securing, protecting, and defending patents and trademarks across several industries, including automotive, semiconductor, mechanical, and software.
As a native Chinese speaker, Amber expands Kolitch Romano’s intellectual property expertise in China. Amber previously worked in Shanghai for four years as Head IP counsel at a joint-venture automotive company.
While in law school, Amber received the Diversity Excellence Scholarship from University of Oregon and the prestigious Sidney B. Williams, Jr. Scholarship from the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA). Amber also is the President-elect of the Oregon Patent Law Association for 2019.
- Juris Doctorate from University of Oregon School of Law (Eugene, Oregon)
- Civil Engineering Degree from Utah State University (Logan, Utah)
- Master of Science in Environmental Engineering from Central Research Institute of Building and Construction (Beijing, China)
- Bachelors of Science in Environmental Engineering from Xi’an University of Architecture and Technology (Xi’an, China)
Bar & Court Admissions
- Registered Patent Attorney (United States Patent Trademark Office)
- Licensed attorney in Oregon
- Registered U.S. Professional Engineer in Civil Engineering: Oklahoma (inactive) and Utah (inactive)
- Patents in automotive technology, semiconductor packaging, mechanics, and software
- Patent Portfolio Management for Patents in the U.S. and in China
- International Trademark Strategy Counseling and Management of Global Trademark Portfolios
- Management on litigation and conflict matters as in-house counsel